Horizon leads the 2016–2020 and 2018–2022 retainer contracts in support of projects for the Real Estate Services Division (RESD) of the California Department of General Services (DGS). This agency is responsible for planning and development of many state buildings and properties.
Environmental analysis and CEQA compliance required for the DGS projects include a full range of environmental, biological, and cultural resources investigations. Projects are located throughout Northern California for RESD’s client agencies, which include California Highway Patrol, State Water Resources Control Board, Department of Water Resources, and Caltrans, among others.
The following project examples illustrate the range of facilities and CEQA services Horizon has supported:
- California Conservation Corps Placer Center Kitchen and Dorm Replacement Project IS/MND
- State Printing Plant and Textbook Warehouse Relocation and Building Demolition Project IS/MND
- Sonoma Development Center Historic Resources Evaluation
- Redwood Agricultural Inspection Repair Project Historic Resources Evaluation
- Alpaugh Water System Arsenic Treatment Project Cultural Resources Studies
- Truckee Agricultural Inspection Station IS/MND
- CHP Telecom Pine Grove Hill Bird Survey
- Altaville Fire Station IS/ND